Treating Sciatica with Chiropractic
Whether you’re experiencing acute or chronic back pain, it can flare up suddenly with shooting pains or slowly appear after an injury and wreck havoc on your day-to-day life. In fact, 80% of Americans will experience back pain at some point in their lives. While it can sometimes be difficult to pinpoint the source of your pain, sciatica is typically easy to identify, and a natural treatment alternative can relieve your discomfort without using over-the-counter medication.
What is Sciatica?
The sciatic nerve is the longest in the body — running from your buttocks to toes. Traditionally only affecting one side of your body, sciatica refers to pain that radiates along the sciatic nerve and branches to your lower back, hips, and legs. Sciatica often occurs when a herniated disk, spinal stenosis, or bone spur compresses part of the sciatic nerve, which causes pain, inflammation, and numbness.
Symptoms of Sciatica
If you’re experiencing a piercing or shooting pain that starts at your lower back down to your leg, you are most likely suffering from sciatica. Other common sciatica symptoms include:
- Leg or buttocks pain that increases when you sit
- Burning or tingling down your leg
- Numbness or weakness when trying to move your leg
- Consistent pain on one side of your lower back
- Pain that worsens when you try to stand
How Chiropractic Treats Sciatica
When you visit your League City chiropractor, he will perform a full physical and medical history examination to properly diagnose the cause of your sciatic pain. Depending on your situation, your chiropractor may recommend a combination of natural and non-surgical holistic treatments that will target your pain and provide long-term wellness.
Sciatica chiropractic treatment options often include:
- Spinal adjustments: Utilizes controlled sudden force to a spinal joint to improve your range of motion and functionality.
- Spinal decompression: Stretches and relaxes your spine by using a motorized table to promote your body’s ability to self-heal.
- Nutritional counseling: Provides exercise and nutritional diet guidance to help you prevent future injuries.
- Laser Therapy
Discover Sciatica Treatment in League City, TX
If you’re experiencing sciatica pain, it’s essential to visit Texas Spine & Sports Rehab Clinic to receive natural chiropractic treatment. Dr. Alfredo Vasquez D.C. will diagnose the source of your sciatica pain and develop a non-invasive treatment plan to help you achieve optimal and pain-free wellness.
Don’t live with sciatic pain! Schedule an appointment with Texas Spine & Sports Rehab today.